|HOME ABOUT US RESOURCES CHILDREN FRIENDS CATALOG MY ACCOUNT CONTACT US|
MARCH 30, 2017
~ Come visit us in the Children's Room! ~
March in the Children's Room
Story Hours (every week):
For children, we hold Story Hour every Thursday at 10:30 a.m., and Story Hour with puppets every Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
In addition, our very own Elyce will be hosting a series of Children's Story Hour programs, every weekday from March 13 through the end of the month, with a special theme for each day:
* Mondays at 10:30 a.m. (3/13, 20 and 27) are Monster Mondays with stories and craft activities all about monsters.
* Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. (3/14, 21 and 28) are Twisty Tuesdays, featuring stories with yoga poses.
* Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. (3/15, 22 and 29) are Wacky Wednesdays, with stories from Dr. Seuss and related craft activities.
* Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. (3/16, 23 and 30) are Throwback Thursdays, celebrating classic children's stories, with crafts after.
* Fridays at 10:30 a.m. (3/17, 24 and 31) are Fairy Tale Fridays, with fairy tales read aloud, followed by fairy house-making.
On Saturdays, and for the After School Crowd:
On Saturday, March 11, we'll hold a St. Patrick's Day crafts program at 2 p.m.
On Saturday March 18, we'll celebrate Kite Month in the Children's Room with a kite-making program at 2 p.m.
On Saturday, March 25, we'll have cloth flying discs for kids to customize with decorations of their own.
New Language Learning
YOU CAN REQUEST
Just click the random image above to begin exploring our recent library acquisitions. Each one has a link where you can reserve the item.
MAIN STREET, EDGARTOWN
Lithographic print by Ruth Howland Sutton. 10 by 14 inches. Note: This drawing was published in the Ladies Home Journal in 1953.